This is a beautiful area, we grew up in Sulphur and enjoyed many childhood adventures in Platt National Park, now The Chickasaw National Recreational Area and the beautiful Arbuckle Mountains. Sulphur is known as the Gateway to Chickasaw National Recreational Area, Chickasaw Country, and The City of Springs, with the cool clean flowing spring waters.
We hope you will choose to spend time here in the beautiful Oklahoma Arbuckle Mountains. We built this cabin in 2005 for our retirement, with plans to expand it into a larger home. We love to travel and found ourselves traveling more and more, spending less time here at the cabin. Being away so much, we decided to offer our cabin for rentals. From time to time we come back to our cabin to spend time and visit with our family in this area. We’ve enjoyed many sunset dinners on the deck quietly watching as a fox, deer, raccoon, squirrel, roadrunner or turkey pass through the yard . The restful “tree house” sun-room, has a perfect view of nature especially beautiful on those snowy winter days. The sun-room doubles as a second bedroom with a queen sleeper-sofa and 3/4 bath. The large master bedroom has a king bed and bath with whirlpool tub. We have left our kitchen fully equipped to prepare even a gourmet meal and a propane grill on the deck for cookouts. There are several restaurants in our area that are very good - we've left a book with information on area attractions, restaurants, and general area information to guide you in your vacation in the Arbuckle Mountains.
1. Old Platt National Park Area - Chickasaw Recreational Area – 15 minutes away - This area is truly one of the most beautiful areas in Oklahoma. Located adjacent to the town of Sulphur, the nature center is a fun place to start, you will find beautiful walking trails within the park and an especially nice trail around Veterans Lake, a hiking tail up Bromide Mountain. or enjoy a picnic and swim in the cool clear waters of the park. Biking through this natural area is a real treat.
2. Arbuckle Lake – 5 minutes away - Fishing and boating, just north off Chickasaw Trail is Guy Sandy Boat Ramp, which has a covered fishing dock, where you can catch crappie, bass or a catfish. There is a large concrete boat launch and dock - enjoy fishing and skiing.
3. Turner Falls - 15 minutes to the west on Hwy 77 south – A true natural beauty, the most beautiful cascading water falls in the southwest. A wonderful place for a hike, picnic or swim.
4. Arbuckle Wilderness – approximately 20 minutes south on Hwy 77, watch for the signs A 400-acre exotic animal theme park, experience a drive through in your own car or ride a safari bus to enjoy the animals, and don’t miss their amusement park and petting zoo.
5. The Chickasaw Nation Cultural Center - 15 minutes away in Sulphur - turn south on Charles F Cooper Memorial Drive at Wal-Mart. This facility features 96,000 square feet of indoor space, including an Exhibit Center, the Holisso Research Center, a large-format theater, a true opportunity to experience the Chickasaw culture.
7. The new Artesian Casino in Sulphur and Treasure Valley Casino in Davis
6. Church and youth camps - within a few miles, include Falls Creek Baptist Conference Center, Camp Classen, and Assembly of God Youth Camp.